Okay, this is going to be short and sweet, because it’s an emergency. I need a clever name for a summer project. Here’s the gist of it:
- It’s a robot. The robot is an R/C car.
- The controller is an iPhone.
- The controller can perform the regular R/C functions, like telling the car to go, stop, turn, etc.
- The controller can also be used as a “leading” device. In this mode, the robot follows the path of the controller, but keeps a distance chosen by the user (ex, it follows 3 feet behind you).
- This project has potential buyers. While the project name probably won’t be used as a product name, it would help to have it be something catchy. Currently, the interested parties only care about the R/C (not the “follow”) technology.
- Applications for the “follow” technology that have been considered include a grocery cart that follows an elderly person, a child-carrier that follows a parent, a tool rack that follows a carpenter/artist/electrician.
- We also thought of “Micro Me,” after Mini Me from Austin Powers, but I cannot say the name without thinking of an angry midget. I thought of the iFollow, but my partner thinks it’s stupid. I think (buyers aside) an ideal name would convey companionship, loyalty, etc, like a puppy that follows a kid around, because the “follow” mode is really the novelty of the technology. I’m open to other suggestions.
Feel free to ask any questions in the comments of this post. This challenge ends at 11pm. Any name I select or consider drink-worthy will earn a margarita.